Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Research team-Ethnic segregation and participation of immigrants is now online!

Hi

Yesterday's lecture was tricky! 8:45 on Monday morning and there I'm talking about location theories, taking the risk of looking straight into a lot of sleepy eyes..but you did well actually. OK there were a sleeping head or two here and there but overall I was surprised with the attention. I guess moving from Christaller's hexagons to Taylor's GaWC world woke most of you up as well. From this point on lectures will be less theoretical and more practical and yes you will steer a lot of things as well. We'll start with sessions in your own research fields as soon as I'm back from New York :)) Meanwhile I hope you will progress with your research plans when I enjoy my congress. You can follow what is going on at AAG from aag.org. Have a look at it and see the variety of sessions and topics we're dealing with (and follow my session too, it'll be on Neoliberal planning, crisis, contestations and alternatives!).

Last but not least the research team ethnic segregation and participation is now online too. They will focus on the participation of immigrants in urban development. Follow them at http://urbaingeography.wordpress.com/

Start spreading the news
I am leaving today
I want to be part of it
New York, New York...


See you 1st of March!
Best

Dr. Tuna Tasan-Kok

No comments:

Post a Comment